Belinda wanted to see what could be done with that box in the dining area? The box is a ‘structural left over’, a part of the stair from the floor above.
After checking a video with some photos of the rest of the property, it was clear that storage was needed. Interior design is about coming up with clever solutions which fit seamlessly with the rest of the design. Here are my first options:
1. This box is part of the stair, from the floor above. As such it cannot be removed.
2. I suggested to cover it with a fake cupboard door and make it look like storage.
3. Then, if the budget permits to extend it to the other wall, and make it into proper storage.
4. Storage is a good solution since there isn’t enough of it in the rest of property. Is there ever enough storage anyway?
5. The box could be extended to the floor too. Again – it all depends on the budget and the requirements.
6. The top will always remain closed, while the rest of storage can be an open shelf. I added a bench.
7. I didn’t calculate the number of combinations…But you can see that there are many. For example: the bench can be moved to the left wall, with all storage facing the right wall.
I hope you found this blog helpful. If you have any ‘design issues’ in your home, and would like a quick answer – please send me a direct message.